A reputable dog breeder is one who is committed to the health and well-being of their dogs. They will have a good understanding of the breed they are breeding and will be able to answer your questions about the breed and the puppies they have available. They will also be committed to breeding healthy and well-adjusted dogs.
Some signs of a reputable dog breeder include:
- They are a member of a reputable organization, such as the American Kennel Club or the Canadian Kennel Club.
- They have a good reputation in the dog community.
- They are willing to answer your questions about their dogs and their breeding practices.
- They are willing to let you meet the puppies’ parents and see the puppies’ living conditions.
- They routinely have their dogs tested for genetic conditions.
- Their breeding dogs regularly see a veterinarian and are properly vaccinated and treated for parasites prior to breeding/whelping.
- The breed dogs with good temperaments and their puppies are properly socialized.
- Their puppies are examined and vaccinated by a veterinarian prior to going to their new home.
It is important to do your research before choosing a dog breeder. You should read reviews online and talk to other dog owners to get recommendations. You should also visit the breeder’s home and see the puppies in person. By taking the time to find a reputable breeder, you can help make sure that you are getting a healthy and well-bred puppy and not supporting puppy-mills.